Date(s) - Friday, September 30, 2016
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
CUNY Graduate Center, room 9207
Please be aware that this event has passed.
As the nation’s largest employer, the government offers plenty of rewarding career opportunities for MAs and PhDs from all disciplines. Many of these jobs are at the state and local level. In this panel, GC alum will discuss their own careers in local and state government, and how others might join them.
- Julie Gruberg, MALS, New York State Assembly Graduate Internship, Spring 2016
- Nicholas Parrella, NYS Senate Fellows Program
- Kara Pangburn, Excelsior Fellowships/Director of Recruitment and Appointments for Governor Andrew M. Cuomo
- Allison L. C. de Cerreño, Ph.D. Political Science, Assistant Director, Tunnels, Bridges & Terminals
Further Resources on Government Careers
- “5 Reasons You Might Love Working in Local Government”
- “Dr. Uncle Sam: Historians Talk Fondly of Jobs in Government”