Handshake is our career services management system. Students can use Handshake to schedule appointments, apply to job postings, discover fellowship and post-doc positions, connect with employers, colleagues, and CUNY alumni, and learn about upcoming events.
How to sign up
If you’re a current student …
A Handshake account has already been made for you—you do not need to create a new account. What follows are a few simple steps to access your account. A detailed version of this process can be found in this document.
- Current students can log into Handshake at this link using their GC network credentials (i.e., the login and password used to access a computer on campus).
- Your login is the first part of your email address and does not include @gradcenter.cuny.edu or @gc.cuny.edu.
- Click on the blue box that says Graduate School and University Center to log in. When prompted, click “Set Up Single Sign On.” You’ll then receive an email that actives your account.
- If you don’t remember your GC password, you can do a self-generated password reset.
- If that doesn’t work, contact email@example.com for help.
From now on, you’ll be able to login to Handshake using your GC username and password.
If you’re a GC Alumni or CUNY Postdoctoral Fellow
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 817-7425 and we will help you create an account.
CP&PD Blog Posts
To learn more about Handshake, check out our blog posts on “Creating Your Handshake Profile” and “Attending a Handshake Event”