We are happy to meet with students and recent alumni (up to 5 years out) to discuss any career-related issues. Our career advisers can help you:
- Develop a career planning strategy
- Take career assessments
- Edit your job documents (e.g., CVs, resumes, cover letters)
- Prepare for job interviews
- Troubleshoot individual concerns
All career advisement appointments will occur remotely until further notice.
Types of Appointments
If you have documents that you would like a career adviser to review, please bring hard copies. Also, if you are applying to a particular job, please bring the description with you. Be sure to take a look at some of the job search documents resources on this website before preparing your materials. Doing this will help to make your meeting with a career adviser more productive.
All meetings are confidential. Initial meetings last 30 minutes.
Virtual walk-in meetings
Walk-in meetings are 15-minute appointments offered on a first-come, first-served basis. You do not have to schedule a meeting in advance; you can just join our office’s walk-in Zoom room and ask any career-related question you may have. We offer regular, virtual walk-in meetings during the following times:
- Mondays, 12:00-1:00 pm, with Don Goldstein
- Wednesdays, 4:00-5:00 pm, with Emily Seamone
- (Faculty) Fridays, 1:00-2:00 pm, with Jenny Furlong – for faculty job search questions
Small group meetings
If you are interested in having someone come and speak with students in your program, please do not hesitate to contact our office. We would be happy to speak with your group about any career-related topic, including the following:
- CV, resume, and cover letter writing
- Interviewing skills
- Preparing for an academic job search
- Thinking about careers outside of academe
We also welcome your suggestions for additional topics.