Date(s) - 02/05/2015
2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
On Thursday, February 5, the IBM Enterprise Marketing Performance (EMP) team will be at the Graduate Center to discuss summer internships available with EMP.
With technology now infused into every aspect of organizations, the entire craft of marketing has become more instrumented, interconnected and intelligent. This is driving profound changes in how IBM marketing is led and practiced. Enterprise Marketing Performance professionals are on the leading edge of this marketing revolution as they contribute to IBM’s ability to make and capture markets by:
- Driving usage of digital mediums in new and innovative ways to improve the distinctiveness of interactions with IBM
- Integrating social media into IBM’s overall marketing plans and strategies
- Utilizing insights from data analytics to drive personalized client experiences
- Developing innovative marketing strategies, campaigns and content that span the globe
- Implementing marketing automation solutions that optimize campaign results
To sign up to attend, please click here.
Internship Program FAQ’s
The IBM Enterprise Marketing Performance (EMP) Internship program offers a unique opportunity to spend the summer doing work that EMP professionals perform while gaining experience and forming relationships with executives and other key people at IBM. The internship program is structured and includes the following:
- Compelling Projects – The intern will work alongside fellow interns and collaborate with IBMers as they work on a project to address a business need. The project will culminate with a set of recommendations and final presentation.
- Networking – Interns will attend networking sessions with executives and leaders in EMP and Marketing & Communications.
- Education – Interns will develop skills through education courses and on-the-job training.
- Fun – Interns will take part in several team building events and other activities. Previous activities included a Watson tour, visit to our advertising agency, and a scavenger hunt.
The key skills developed as interns that we look for in full-time hires are:
- Knowledge of and proven expertise in digital and web based marketing techniques
- Knowledge of social media marketing and social media properties
- Ability to utilize data to drive better decisions and implement data driven marketing strategies
- Understanding of business to business buying process and lead progression through digital platforms
- Proficiency in developing and refining strategic marketing campaigns
- Ability to work well in a team comprised of industry experts, external partners and agencies from across the globe
- Demonstrated project management skill
Candidates should exhibit the following strengths:
- Drive and passion for excellence
- Leadership skills that inspire action
- Problem solving and analytic skills
- Relationship-building and communication skills