Date(s) - Thursday, February 21, 2019
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
CUNY Graduate Center, room 9205
As you look beyond the GC, why should you consider taking a job—and starting a career—in fundraising? Because, in fundraising (a.k.a. “advancement” and “development”), you…
- Powerfully advance the mission of a non-profit
- Engage donors with a cause
- Focus the aims of a purpose-driven organization by sharpening its pitch
- Employ the research, writing, communication, interpersonal, and even teaching skills that you honed at the GC
- Enter into a field meant to grow 15% in the next ten years—much faster than the average occupation
- Work in one of the best-compensated areas of the non-profit world
About Our Career Panel
At our Careers in Nonprofit Development event, a panel of GC alumni will discuss both how they moved from the Graduate Center into careers in fundraising and the field’s benefits.
Our panelists will include:
- Katya Ilina (PhD, German), Director of Development Operations, Yale School of Management
- Brooke Bryant (PhD, Musicology), Director of Development, Kaufman Music Center
- Timothy Wilson (MPhil, French), Manager of Foundation Relations, The Carnegie Hall Corporation
- Sarah Angello (MA, Ethnomusicology), Director of Development, Orchestra of St. Luke’s
Please come to learn about a career in nonprofit development!
Please tell us you’re coming: RSVP using our sign-up form.Add the event to your digital calendar: webcal.