Date & Time
Tuesday, March 12, 2019
11:00 pm - 1:00 am
CUNY Graduate Center, room C198
Please be aware that this event has passed.
Data science is quickly growing and changing the financial industry. Data analysis skills can be used to analyze the relationships between financial data, behaviors, and peoples like never before, and as a result, it’s a great time to launch a career at the intersection of finance and data science.
About Our Career Panel
Come to our career panel event to meet Graduate Center alumni from a range of fields who are working near the intersection of finance and data science. Our panelists will discuss how they moved from graduate school into their careers, what their day-to-day jobs entail, practical tips on applying graduate skills towards a successful career, and the benefits of working in this sector. This panel will be Q&A format and open to student questions.
Our panelists will include:
- Dana Manuela Calistru (PhD Physics), Director, Quantitative Trading Strategies & Financial Resource Management, Fixed Income Financing, Cantor Fitzgerald
- Subir Dhamoon (PhD Mathematics), Associate Director, RBC Capital Markets
- Henry Mo (PhD Economics), Managing Director & Chief Economist, AIG
- Andriy Pokotilov (PhD Physics), VP, Equities Market Risk, Morgan Stanley
- Andi Shehu (PhD Physics), Principal Data Scientist & CEO, Byteflow Dynamics