Part-Time Job Opportunities in and outside CUNY
By Jiaqi Wang
Photo by Free to Use Sounds on Unsplash
In this blog, you will find multiple resources for job opportunities in and outside CUNY. They are mostly advertised within the CUNY system, and therefore are good for international students as well. Check the following job listings regularly and get ready for the new school year.
1. Research Foundation, CUNY
Research Foundation is a private non-profit organization that mainly assists CUNY faculty and staff in managing their funded projects. If you go to Research Foundation Careers, you will find a multitude of job opportunities posted directly by project directors, which are classified into six broad categories:
- Administrative Services
- Clerical/Office Services
- Information Technology
- Instruction and Social Service
- Managerial and Professional
Within each category, there are potentially both full-time and part-time job openings with specific deadlines and many of which reveal a detailed salary range. Once you find a nice job opportunity that you like, just click “APPLY NOW” and you are ready to go.
2. CUNY Colleges
The following list is a compilation of job openings advertised by the Human Resources of CUNY colleges. Though most full-time opportunities are posted in CUNYfirst (employment), a centralized and fully integrated tool for resources and services within CUNY, some types of positions (college assistant positions and some teaching opportunities, for example) are sometimes posted on campus HR websites.
- Bernard M. Baruch College (Manhattan)
- Borough of Manhattan Community College (Manhattan)
- The City College of New York (Manhattan)
- The Graduate School and University Center (Manhattan)
- Hunter College (Manhattan)
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice (Manhattan)
- Guttman Community College (Manhattan)
- Bronx Community College (Bronx)
- Hostos Community College (Bronx)
- Lehman College (Bronx)
- Brooklyn College (Brooklyn)
- Kingsborough Community College (Brooklyn)
- Medgar Evers College (Brooklyn) – already transitioned to CUNYfirst
- New York City College of Technology (Brooklyn)
- The College of Staten Island (Staten Island)
- CUNY Law School (Queens) – CUNY Law Job Portal
- LaGuardia Community College (Queens)
- Queens College (Queens)
- Queensborough Community College (Queens)
- York College (Queens) – already transitioned to CUNYfirst
Do you know that the four job search engines listed above are also good for part-time job search? Yes, they are! Just type in “part-time jobs” plus a location and you will be amazed by the large number of opportunities out there. For a general introduction to the three websites, here is a blog for your information.
Lastly, don’t forget the importance of networking and word-of-mouth when looking for part-time opportunities. Many interesting part-time opportunities out there are not widely advertised. So, when you look for part-time work, don’t neglect to let people (faculty, professional contacts, consequential strangers) know you’re looking.