Date(s) - Wednesday, May 16, 2018
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
CUNY Graduate Center, room 9207
Please be aware that this event has passed.
About the Event
This workshop is for international students who have been in the U.S. less than three years and may be confused about the U.S. job search process. It will focus on cultural and language challenges in the job search process and will answer questions such as:
- What does it mean to be a good “fit” for a particular job or employer?
- What is different about the American resume and cover letter?
- Is it boasting to market yourself?
- What are the timelines? When should you be doing what?
- Is it appropriate to reach out to a stranger for an informational interview?
- How do you build a network?
- Should you check the “Do you require sponsorship box?” on the job application form?
- When should you reveal your work authorization status to a prospective employer?
Come with any job related question that you have—especially those ones that you’ve been afraid to ask.