Date(s) - Tuesday, September 13, 2016
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
CUNY Graduate Center, room 9205
Master’s students: Planning to apply to doctoral programs this fall? Join us for a workshop that will cover the basics of the application process and things to consider as you plan for your time as a doctoral student.
We’ll discuss the following:
· Is a doctoral program right for you?
· How to choose a field (if you haven’t already) and programs. Questions to consider.
· Why you should apply to more than one program.
· Letters of recommendation.
· Personal statements
· Writing samples
· Contacting faculty at the programs you’re applying to.
· Visiting campuses. How to gauge fit.
· Weighing various offers.
· Special considerations for international students.
The discussion will be led by:
Dr. Jennifer Furlong, Director of Career Planning and Professional Development, the Graduate Center, CUNY
Professor Elizabeth Macaulay-Lewis, Assistant Professor and Deputy Executive Officer, MA in Liberal Studies, The Graduate Center, CUNY
Register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/basics-of-applying-to-grad-school-tickets-26565886281Add the event to your digital calendar: webcal.