Date(s) - Tuesday, September 13, 2016
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
CUNY Graduate Center, room 9205
Please be aware that this event has passed.
Master’s students: Planning to apply to doctoral programs this fall? Join us for a workshop that will cover the basics of the application process and things to consider as you plan for your time as a doctoral student.
- We’ll discuss the following:
- Is a doctoral program right for you?
- How to choose a field (if you haven’t already) and programs. Questions to consider.
- Why you should apply to more than one program.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Personal statements
- Writing samples
- Contacting faculty at the programs you’re applying to.
- Visiting campuses. How to gauge fit.
- Weighing various offers.
- Special considerations for international students.
The discussion will be led by:
Dr. Jennifer Furlong, Director of Career Planning and Professional Development, the Graduate Center, CUNY
Professor Elizabeth Macaulay-Lewis, Assistant Professor and Deputy Executive Officer, MA in Liberal Studies, The Graduate Center, CUNY