Surviving Graduate School
Welcome to the Graduate Center!
To all of our incoming master’s and doctoral students, welcome! We are so pleased to have you here and to have the chance to be a part of your intellectual and professional development. It is never to early to create a professional development plan for yourself, and we encourage you to stop by our walk-in hours or make an appointment to talk about your career goals. We look forward to meeting you!
Grad School Survival Resources
In the meantime, here are a few resources that can help you get started on the right foot:
- 10 Things you Should Know Before Starting a Ph.D.
- 12 Tips for Surviving and Thriving in Grad School
- How to Survive Graduate School (good suggestions for your personal well-being)
- The Chicago Guide to Your Academic Career
- Surviving Your Stupid, Stupid Decision to Go to Grad School
- A PhD Is Not Enough! (geared toward the sciences)
- Getting What You Came For: The Smart Student’s Guide to Earning an M.A. or a Ph.D.