Graduate Center alumni will discuss their decision to work outside of academia, their career path, what they learned about job search and about success in different work environments, their ideal job and what they like and don’t like about their job, and how they see their Ph.D. now.
Matthew Schoengood, Vice President for Student Affairs, will talk about the Graduate Center’s plan to reestablish an Office of Career Planning and Professional Development.
Wednesday, March 28, 4-6PM, C 197 classroom
Social Sciences Alumni Speakers:
- Ellen R. Dulberger, Ph.D. in Economics, 1986; VP, Enterprise Risk Management, IBM
- Iris Sroka, Ph.D. in Developmental Psychology, 1995; Founder and Principal, Paradigm Research and Consulting
- Laurie Dien, Ph.D. in Environmental Psychology, 1992; Senior Program Officer, The Pinkerton Foundation
- Michael Conn, Ph.D. in Environmental Psychology, 2000; VP, Research, Girl Scout Research Institute, Girl Scouts of the U.S.A.
Thursday, March 29, 3-5PM, C 198 classroom
Humanities Alumni Speakers:
- Lyn S. Hill, Ph.D. in Theatre, 1982; VP for Communication and External Affairs, New York Methodist Hospital
- Karen C. Altfest, Ph.D. in History, 1979; Executive VP, Altfest Personal Wealth Mgmt
- Jane E. House, Ph.D. in Theatre, 1988; Director of Publications, the Graduate Center
This event is sponsored by the Office of Student Affairs, the Alumni Professional Development Committee, and the Doctoral Students’ Council.